(Current Studies, by blog description (2015-16)) - Click on each label to see corresponding posts!

Friday 8 April 2016

A week of solid production...

So having created a template for the mask I have now got to the stage where I need to make a wooden frame in order to hold the next layer of chickenwire and mache. The wooden batons are an approximate guide for the wire mesh to be laid upon.




 Therefore my initial plan diagram and schematic whilst appropriate for helping me understand the visual impact of the dimensions, I am able to make reasonable changes without any detriment to the object itself. In fact the increased size is clearly going to become a significant enhancement in the impact of the object, and takes it away from being just a wall hung object to become an object in its own right which I believe depending on the mode of display, and what I mean by that how it will be presented in terms of the fact that it will no longer be wall mounted but probably laid on its side against a wall at say 60° or alternatively 30° to the horizontal, the object becomes an entirely different perception to the viewer. I will need to experiment very carefully and how the object is placed with regards to lighting and the angle of tilt. And therefore thinking at the moment of creating some form of plinth or pedestal for it to be rested upon.




No comments:

Post a Comment