(Current Studies, by blog description (2015-16)) - Click on each label to see corresponding posts!

Sunday 6 March 2016

Gallery Visit, The Baltic (Flour Mill) Gallery for Contemporary Arts, Newcastle.

I was lucky enough to attend the above gallery this weekend, and I was particulalry interested in seeing the "Loud" exhibition, works within it had been completed by long term mental heath patients on secure wards, and also by Prison in-mates and Youth offending Intitution inmates.

The reason for my interest is through my longer term goals of Art Therapy and Psychology studies, part of the activities that sit in my 5 to 10 year plan, to form part of the port-folio work I will be engaged in post graduation.

Of particular interest were the following paintings and drawings...  ALL CREDIT to the artists below, as mentioned








This was particulalry good, being both haunting and unsettling, and yet appealing through the context of the suffering





Some really fantastic work here I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment