(Current Studies, by blog description (2015-16)) - Click on each label to see corresponding posts!

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Working at a larger scale, reflecting the process so far

By creating a detailed sketch in my sketch book, then re-creating the same image at a 6' x 4' scale, (approx.), - AND with the added quirkiness of reproducing the image upside down, has been a great exercise, and I must say, a new process that seems to work well for me too.

I have started to develop a slightly freer use of the brush in these larger paint-drawings, although I still have much to learn.  My chosen medium of acrylic on paper may not be the best choice, but in using just two colours for tone and ground and definition, it servs its' purpose.

The act of recreating a representation at such a large scale has both merits and difficulties, one of which, if not kept in check, is to run out of paper!... A simple mistake on my part, by not properly sight sizing the painting at the first engagement!...

But I got away with this...

No comments:

Post a Comment