(Current Studies, by blog description (2015-16)) - Click on each label to see corresponding posts!

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Major Project - Reflections on Studio Practice, W2/3

Having spent the number of hours in the studio developing my concept for quickly produced drawing/sketches and paintings using the object of my plaster of Paris garden gnome, I've created a series of paintings using acrylic mixed with plaster, to produce an almost impasto effect.



I wasn't too happy with the 1st set of 3 pencil drawings as they were too constrained. However they did provide a template in order for me to create further work outlined below.




The colour choices have been very much experimental and after some deliberation I realised that the theme of fading memories and THINGS LEFT BEHIND might perhaps be better articulated graphically by just providing a hint of the outlines of the materiality and form of the objects, whilst appearing to be suspended on a more etherial background.

The end result of this excursion, I am now a little more happier with, but I am now looking for feedback from my tutors and my other peers with regards to its value, and if I should pursue this style or not.

Conclusion:
this experimentation has been very useful, and I'm reasonably satisfied that I can pursue this sort of style and many more further works, as they do provide a somewhat haunting image, and I believe may entice a viewer into more curious enquiry.

My composition and arrangement needs to be more carefully planned, but I am satisfied to some degree that my approach is worth further exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment