(Current Studies, by blog description (2015-16)) - Click on each label to see corresponding posts!

Wednesday 17 December 2014

Reflections on the weekly briefing,prior to assessment.

Today we got some pointers on the areas of assessment that will be conducted after the Christmas break during the second week of January, some time after Friday, 16 January.  We need to create a 1000 word synopsis of the work that we have conducted during this last term by that date.  I'm reasonably comfortable in creating that document but I'm conscious that I need to demonstrate a number of things as follows:

One, to see that I have moved out of my comfort zone and that I am pushing out to new materials and concepts:

To, working beyond the narrative in the literal sense, to look at the semiotics and symbology, together with the materiality of objects.

Three, to show examples of discourse, what is being made, but also how we're reading, blogging and understanding, and their relationships between them with respect to our practice in contemporary art and illustration.

Four, and increasing expectant or expectation of the overlap of contemporary art together with, and illustration, and our own ability to argue that.

Number five, conceptual and critical understanding of historical and contemporary practice related to the fields of fine art and illustration.

6, creative methodology which is evidenced in mind the developmental work, processes, and outcomes.

7 critical and analytical discourse is required rather than a chronological explanation.

I need to formulate a personal and original visual language that I can be identified with.

I need to consider carefully how do I make my own judgements upon my own work?  How do I engage with existing practices and historical methods?  How do I demonstrate an argument to show that I have analysed my work?

I see that this week is a good week to take stock of where I am now with respect to this project and the summative assessment.

A good book to read or write the "the net delusion by Morozof.

No comments:

Post a Comment