(Current Studies, by blog description (2015-16)) - Click on each label to see corresponding posts!

Thursday 16 October 2014

Trying to elaborate on the concept of "line"

Today marks the middle of the third week of this project.  Some time ago I created a useful little chart in order to show the activities that I needed to perform it each stage of the project.  I'm now firmly at the place where I need to be thinking very much more about the narrative and the psychology in relation to this space.

 I am continuing to make concept piece which is a parallel eppipigram.  I have designed the piece to look as though it is a paved area in perspective, although in reality it is flat against a two-dimensional plane.



It is interesting that my photography further enhances the effect three-dimensional object.  I also wanted to capture the illusion of water on the flag stones, which I simply achieved by using a modest application of white acrylic paint.

In consideration, I seem to have produced an almost 'foolish' finished work.  I think I am still using the effect of drawing or painting to get a likeness.  I'm still 'transcribing the visual' of the drawn language in trying to conform to my ideas of the 'gestalt' or the whole thing.  I am conscious again, that I need to move away from the relationship of the human space within the classical mass of architecture in St George's square.

No comments:

Post a Comment