(Current Studies, by blog description (2015-16)) - Click on each label to see corresponding posts!

Sunday 5 October 2014

So Latent learning does work!!


In my blog started on Friday, I was keen to explore other forms of mark making.I luckily had the opportunity to visit a friend who lives in Cheshire, it was keen to find me with some entertainment or short morning he accompanied his son at a sporting venue nearby. And what entertainment I had it was wonderful. I spent approximately 2 hours a sitdown actor lawnmower, having various shapes patterns and designs in his garden which must extend well over 3 acres.


This little excursion allowed me to think in a rather different way.

- Instead of drawing and thoughts of representation, I have the notion that Drawing can also be used in dimensional sense purely demonstrate space on a flat plane. It also occurs to me that drawing can also be used as a representation of both space and time together. (Consider what a siesmograph is for example!)... 

Whilst I believe this is quite a deep philosophical view of drawing which may not be appropriate at degree level it is an interesting thought perhaps to use for future work?

No comments:

Post a Comment