(Current Studies, by blog description (2015-16)) - Click on each label to see corresponding posts!

Friday 10 October 2014

Looking for alternative angles & latency of Learning

To summarise where my thinking is after the 2nd week of the project;
  • I have so far, generally been looking only at the decorative qualities within the area in front of Huddersfield Rail Station.
  • In as much as the project brief can allow it, I think it's time to start to look at alternative creative views, and actually commence production experiments too.
  • My first few excursions have been line and drawing based, and I now feel that some textural approaches would be worth exploring.
  • I've made a number of enquiries and assumptions into the cultural background of the site, and together with trusted sources such as council based literature and information leaflets I have begun to appreciate the wider contexts.
I feel the need to bring some more structure into the research and through the use of some of my old skills in project management, I've put together a simple Gantt chart, which is based on my year tutor's guidance briefing, which I believe will help to keep me focussed!
I've always felt that once a clear plan is available to see and interpret, things can be allowed to settle in the mind.  Towards the close of this first week, I have given myself the task this evening to come away from the University environment and to use the weekend to allow a little bit of rest to encourage some latent learning and thinking to occur.  I know this will happen, and my mind will come up with alternative angles and ideas as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment