(Current Studies, by blog description (2015-16)) - Click on each label to see corresponding posts!

Tuesday 17 March 2015

First reflections to the formative assessment for Year 2

After my formative assessment last week, there are a number of areas that I need to look at.  It was suggested that I look at David cell who is particularly interesting for his contemporary, collage and appropriation with montage work.  He asks the question, what place am I in, in contemporary art.

This is the same question that I should ask myself what place am I in in contemporary sense.  Is it the "new" method that I might be using?  Is it the material that I'm interested in?  For example, the work by Anselm Kiefer from Germany, and Germany's reflection of the battle from Marcelo to Nash to Kiefer.

My initial feedback is that I need to make some symbolic pro excess rather than just literal copying of masters.  This should not be just a translation through just the medium, but also to create a newness of the object.

What do contemporary artists get to do?  What do they go to?  It should be the paradigms of representation that I create, and not the pastiche.  Nevertheless, I recognise from the feedback that I must keep pushing the boundaries in order to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment